Bombs can be constructed to look like almost anything and can be placed or delivered in a number of ways. Similarly, bomb threats are delivered in a variety of ways. Do not ignore the threat. REMAIN CALM - this could result in ascertaining more useful information.
Some suspicious items include:
- Letters that are unusually bulky or heavy.
- Parcels or envelopes with chemical or oil stains.
- Parcels or envelopes without a return address.
- Parcels or envelopes with foreign postmarks.
- Parcels or envelopes that simply do not look or feel ordinary.
If a bomb or bomb threat has been delivered, call 911 immediately and take direction from the police or bomb squad. Notify the Management Office 415.777.3345.
The most common threats are made by direct telephone contact. In the event that a bomb threat is received, the recipient of the call shall follow the guidelines outlined in this section. Obtain as much information as possible and be prepared to relate this to the Police Department.
Use thein this section as a guide for collecting information needed by the authorities.