Clean, well-kept and attractive premises are vital to the image of both common areas and office space at Hills Plaza. Please make every effort to maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary environment. A few specific points to be noted for both retail and office tenants:
- Windows and other glass surfaces should be kept clean of fingerprints, smudges and streaks. However, this work is restricted to non-business hours (except in the case where only minor touch-up cleaning is required).
- Any broken display or storefront materials must be replaced immediately with materials of the same quality (also during non-operating hours).
- The area in and around your suite should be kept clean and clear at all times. No obstructions, trash, refuse, merchandise, or displays are allowed in these areas except at those times designated for trash removal.
- Cardboard should be broken down & identified as "recycle".
- Suite entrances should be regularly checked for cleanliness.
- Corridors, hallways and entrances to building mechanical rooms must always be clear for easy access. Any blockage or obstruction may be considered a fire hazard and must be removed.
- All suite exits and corridors and hallways leading to exits must be clear of obstructions. Any blockage is considered a fire hazard and your company could be fined by the Fire Marshall’s Office.
- Remember that Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. provides nightly suite and common-area cleaning for office tenants in Hills Plaza. Keeping the improvements in good repair and cleaning of the space during the day is the tenant’s responsibility.
A contracted, union janitorial service provides the building with nightly cleaning of interior office space and all common areas Monday through Friday. Porters maintain common areas during the day.
The following tasks are performed on a daily basis:
- Common areas dusted, buffed
- Waste receptacles emptied
- Main carpet areas vacuumed
- Horizontal areas dusted
- Stairwells and uncarpeted areas swept
- Common area restrooms cleaned and disinfected
The following tasks are on a regular maintenance schedule:
- Edge vacuuming
- Dust all moldings, ledges, vents, light fixtures, baseboards, any high dusting
- Strip, clean, wax hard floor surfaces
- Detail clean kitchens, lunchrooms
- Detail restroom