Although Hills Plaza has uniformed security personnel that patrol in and around the property, every property can be a potential target for crime. A security staff patrols Hills Plaza on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week basis. They are easily recognized as they are always dressed in uniform (dark blazer, dark slacks, white shirt, and tie) and have State of California Guard Registration cards. Our security personnel act as a deterrent to the would-be criminal as well as enforce building regulations, maintain order, and are on the alert for any unusual activities within the Building.
Security matters such as burglary, vandalism, graffiti, unwanted solicitors, suspicious persons, suspicious activities, or intoxicated persons should be reported to the Management Office 415.777.3345. A security officer answers this phone number during non-office hours.
In cases of emergencies, these should be reported first to the San Francisco Police Department 911 then to the Management Office.
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not ignore but question strangers encountered in your space.
- Promptly inform the Management Office of employee termination or layoff.
- To prevent office thefts, all personal items should be stored in a locked drawer.
- Inventory all valuable property.
- Engrave or permanently mark the company name along with serial number on your property.
- After hours and on weekends, be sure to sign in and out at the lobby security desk.
- Lock laptop computers.
Describing a Suspicious Person or Intruder
If you notice a suspicious person or identify an intruder, it is imperative to provide an accurate description to aide the police in apprehending the suspect. To do so, observe and remember the following:
- General description/physical features of the intruder, such as approximate age, height, build, etc.
- Clothing, such as colors and styles, including general appearance.
- Hair color and style.
- Ears such as size and prominence.
Tenant Security Responsibilities
The best way to improve security is for each tenant in the building to take an active role just as you would in the neighborhood where you live. Use the following suggestions:
- Make sure all doors to your offices are locked and secured at the close of your business day. This is extremely important on the weekends.
- Do not hesitate to report any suspicious or disorderly individuals to the Management Office 415.777.3345. Our building security personnel will escort them from the property.
- Solicitation is not permitted in the building, and any individual who enters your offices for this purpose should be reported to the Management Office. Building security personnel will escort them from the property.
- Inform the Management Office of any keys that are lost.
As a theft preventive measure, when you have vendors or contractors (carpet cleaning, installation of computer equipment, etc.) coming in after-hours or on the weekends, you must inform the Management Office stating who (name of the company and individual, if possible) will be coming, the date, and the approximate time. Also give a brief description of what they will be doing. Request that the individual(s) have some form of identification to present to the guard on duty.